Saturday, May 19, 2007

More Dining Hall Humor

Alrighty then, remember T-boy? We had another stellar week with the whiner. At the first of the week, he came in one morning and said that the night before, he had a really bad pain in his chest, to the point where he thought it was going to bust out of his chest. So, to help it, he took a muscle relaxant before he went to sleep, and that really seemed to help. He also said as he was working that day that he could still feel the muscle relaxant working. What? What? I've never known a muscle relaxant to work for more that 4-6 hrs. let alone more than 12. Then, on Wednesday afternoon when I was wrapping up my work, I had a box in my hands (about the size of an 18" X 24") and I was heading toward T-boy & Li Ma (remember her?) and I decided to throw the empty box over their heads and hopefully bank shot it off the door and into a bigger box. I was about 5 feet from them when I launched toward the target & my hand got caught on one of the flaps and instead of it going on a nice arching angle, it went straight up in the air & came down right on top of T-boy's head & ricocheted onto Li Ma's head before it landed on the floor. For not having either one of them in my sights as a target, I couldn't have hit the bullseye any better. After about 5 seconds, T-boy said, "OW,OW, I think I may have a concussion!!!" Now mind you, the box was empty, it didn't even fall down more that 2 feet, now how can you possibly get a concussion from that?! I profusely apologized to both of them because it was definitely not my plan to cause any pain & suffering to anyone, especially T-boy!
Li Ma was fine somehow, but a few minutes later I asked him how he was and he said he had a really bad headache to which I replied, "Well, go home & put on an ice pack, then heat, an ice pack then heat, repeat, take some Tylenol & rest until it feels better. Our cute little Spanish lady who works with him in the kitchen came back in the back room & I told her about it, and she said, "Maybe he needs to go to the doctor & get an x-ray!" And I said, "Yea, maybe even an MRI to make sure no permanent damage is done!" Somehow he was able to have a miraculous recovery from both traumas of the week. . .

OK, I haven't introduced you to our cute Janitor. His family moved here from Peru 5 months ago. They are members of the church & he served a mission in Bolivia, he's 22, very, very good-looking young man, and he's as sweet as he can be. He is trying very hard to learn English & asks a lot of questions and sometimes even asks us to write down the English words he learns so he doesn't forget. He's trying to earn his own money to go to college & he's just a really fine young man. Anyway, I tease him a lot & he teases me, kind 0f like the way Daniel & I are. So, the other day I was doing my little drunken root beer routine, & he asked me, "You imbite me."
I thought he said, "Bite me!" I asked our Spanish lady why she's teaching him to say such things & she didn't know what Bite me! was either. I guess in Spanish the "b" & "v" are pronounced the same way, so when I explained it to him he was so embarrassed & apologized to me about 4 or 5 times that day. I told him that I just thought that he was teasing me & it wasn't any big deal at all. I just reminded him that he needed to say the "v" the way it sounds. T-boy was getting our hamburger patties out of the oven yesterday & I walked in & the smell of those things is disgusting, so I just said, "How disgusting", to which our cute Boy from Peru said, "Why don't you like hamboogers?" I just laughed & explained what a booger is & to try to say BURGER more clearly . Oh, & he told me something so funny about a companion he had on his mission. The companion must have been from somewhere English speaking because Boy from Peru said, "You need to have passion with me!" Well, he really didn't mean that, he meant to say, "You need to have patience with me!" At least he's able to see the humor in all of this & take it & learn from it.

Anyway, that's all folks for another week!
Buh Bye!

3 comments:

Jon said...

Lori,

Your blog is the funniest blog ever! Thanks for the entertainment. Kim and I look forward to the next post.

Michelle said...

Lori,
Keep posting! It brings me such joy! Let's figure out how to add pictures, too. You know, some old ones of Daniel's matching pants and socks!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.